Tuesday 22 November 2011

Animation Week: Day 2.

22/11/11

Today we continued animating the 'Witch_Doctor' rig, trying to get a walk cycle consisting of 5 steps from a static standing position. I chose to animate my rig in quite a swaggering fashion, copying Jamie's walk from the footage I recorded. I call him... 'The Swaggering Milkman' :3. Surprisingly, this is the first walk cycle I've attempted, but in my defence, I really dislike animating. I find it tedious and boring. I just want to composite!

Again Susannah and Campbell were very helpful, getting me up and actually walking the walk my footage was showing. This did help me with timing, and where the arms are in conjunction with the leg movements. I haven't finished the walk cycle yet, but I'm going to work on it when I get home some more and hopefully post my first attempt later when it's complete.

I enjoyed this days worth of workshops a lot more than yesterdays as it was nice to actually have a long period of time purely working on this piece of work. But I understand you need research and reference really before you can dive into fully animating a walk cycle. I'm really looking forward however to animating the rig from a sitting down position because it seems like a more interesting challenge for me than just a walk cycle. I just need something different constantly to keep me interested! I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to animating.

I'll keep you updated. PEACE.


No comments:

Post a Comment